I know your first question is “WHAT’S THAT”!!!!
Tinker day is:
1. A tradition that has been happening at Hollins since the 1880’s (Hollins is a women’s university in the Shenandoah Valley Roanoke, VA)
2. Its a surprise sometime in October, and most likely after the first freeze!
3. It is a day off school to climb a mountain in some really funky clothes, eat krispy kreme’s in your PJ’s in the dining hall, and bond with your sisters throughout the university!
*photo from the Hollins Alum Assoc. facebook page this morning! our president Nancy Grey declaring it Tinker Day! Love the outfit Nancy!!!*
4. You are woken by pots and pans, and screaming Seniors letting you know we have the day off, and we are climbing a mountain!
5. You get to climb Tinker Mountain (one heck of a hike) eat fried chicken and watch hilarious skits!
6. did I mention we get the day off of school!
and 7 years later (we get an email on that October day) and my sisters from the class of 2005 still send each other messages, and wish we were all back on campus for this one day to celebrate Tinker Day! Happy Tinker Day current Hollins students, and Happy Tinker day to all the ALUM!!!!
*photo from the Hollins Alum Assoc. facebook page this morning! Wishing us all a Happy Tinker Day from the current students! — love the outfits girls*
Lastly a walk down memory lane with the Class of 2005! Miss you all!
and my roomies who I miss dearly and their sweet babies! 2 future hollie collies with 4 alums, and maybe a hampden sydney boy!
now off to find some donuts!